The law of entertainment and the arts is broad and comprehensive. With over 15 years experience in the entertainment industry, we serve our clients in regard to specific entertainment issues, including licensing, unions, patented production techniques, rights management, consulting and negotiation strategies. Specific areas include:
- FILM: options, finance, chain of title, talent agreements, leasing, union issues, distribution issues and negotiation, and general intellectual property issues.
- MULTIMEDIA: software licensing, video game development and production, information technology law, and general intellectual property issues.
- MUSIC: talent agreements, producer agreements, publication and licensing, rights management and negotiation, and general intellectual property issues including copyright.
- PUBLISHING: print media, advertising, models, author agreements and general intellectual property issues.
- BROADCASTING: licensing and regulatory issues, mechanical licenses, and general intellectual property issues.
- THEATRE: rental agreements, co-production agreements, union issues, employment contracts, business licensing and permits, and other performance oriented legal issues.
- VISUAL ARTS AND DESIGN: fine arts, consignment and agency, moral rights, industrial design, issues related to the protection of graphic design elements in products.
- DEFAMATION: libel, slander, publicity and privacy rights issues.
If you have questions about any of the above issues, contact the offices of Amanda B. Cook to schedule a consultation at (334) 356-7879, or use the form below:
By completing this form you agree to be contacted by the offices of Amanda B. Cook, Counselor at Law regarding the described legal needs. No representation is made that the quality of legal services performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other attorneys. Contacting Amanda B. Cook through this form field does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information on this page is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice.